Monday, February 18, 2008

Syndi's Campout

Syndi went on her first-ever Girl Scouts camping trip a week ago. She came home exhausted, but she said she had a great time. Since February is considered winter even in Georgia, the girls stayed in a cabin. They slept in bunkbeds and had a kitchen in which they could make meals.
The leaders planned a lot of activities to keep the girls busy all weekend. They used coffee cans with saran wrap to look into the water and make discoveries.

They tried their hands at tie-dying a t-shirt. Syndi's turned out pretty cool looking.

They each brought fabric with them and worked on making their own blanket. Syndi loves hers and can be found cuddling up in it often.

Syndi said they tried to make them throw away the scraps, but she snuck some home. (Her Grandma has taught her to NEVER throw away fabric no matter how miniscule.)There was definitely some time for goofing off and playing games. Coming from a die-hard game-playing family, this was her one frustration, as many games were started, but none were seen through to completion.
Definitely the highlight of the trip for Syndi was the opportunity to ride a horse. Syndi has developed a love for horses, but has never had an opportunity to ride a real one. (Unless riding a pony at the fair counts.)

All in all, it was a good experience for Syndi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon you have a lovely family! I peek in to see photos. I wanted to give you my e-mail address.
Thanks for the prayers!!!
I am recovering slowly. I know it will be hard to picture but the last 2 years of my like I have been considered disabled. The walker I use now makes me feel like I am elderly...:)I still feel like I am 18 but the movement I have is more like 80....
I still have 3 months of healing ahead, really a full year but I hope to go back to work in 3-4 months.
Keep in touch!
Take care
beth